This specific route of Sandakphu Trek takes us close to the world’s tallest peak Mt. Everest, Kangchendzonga, Makalu and Lhotse. On this trek, you will get a better view of the Sleeping Budha from Phoktey Dara top than the Sandakphu Trek route. The trek route crisscrosses along the Singalila Ridge and moves around the Indo-Nepal border.
Day 1- NJP/Bagdogra to Uttarey Base Camp – 161 Kms [drive]
It takes us 6 to 7 hours to cover this distance of 161 kms. These are mountain roads and will be passing through tea estates and villages. We stop for lunch on the way and continue our drive to Jaubari. We reach by 5 pm. Post evening tea and snacks we will conduct a team briefing and ensure everyone is aware of the Route / Trek Plan and do’s and don’ts for the trek.
Day 2- Uttarey Base Camp to Acchiley (8 Kms / 6 hours / 9800 FT)
We will start after breakfast from Jaubari. It is going to take us about 5 to 6 hours to cover with gradual ascends and descends. As we have started early in the morning, we should reach Tumling by late afternoon around 5 PM. This will give us plenty of light for a marvelous view of Kanchenjunga massif of snow peaks.
Day 3- Acchiley to Kalizar (7 Kms / 5 hours / 11450 FT)
If you wake up early, you will be treated to an amazing view of the entire range of mountains called - Sleeping Buddha covered in the first rays of sun. We will start our trek post breakfast and it will take us over 6 hours to cover todays distance.
Day 4 – Kalizar to Phoktey Dara and Singalila Pass to Phalut (15 Kms / 9 hours / 12000 FT)
Today we will trek towards Kalizat which is situated at an altitude of 12000 feet. Today’s trail will have gradual ascends throughout and after about 2 hours of trekking we will reach the point where trails from Nepal and India merge. After reaching the summit, you can view 180 degree sweeping panorama of the tallest Himalayan peaks. Early in the morning (5 AM) we will trek for 45min to the Phoktey Dara top and watch the sunrise, with the first rays of sun touching the peaks.
Day 5 – Phalut to Samandin (15 Kms / 8 hours / 8600 FT)
Phalut is a small grassland with minimal or no vegetation. From here we will start our descend for Samandin passing through forests with numerous openings. The trek today will be long but moderate. It will take us 7 to 8 hours of trek to reach the campsite. This is also known to be a very windy campsite in winters. You should remember to carry 2 liters of water from Phalut, as water is rarely available on this route.
Day 6 – Samandin to Barhan and then Drive to NJP/Bagdogra (Trek for 3 horus and then drive 126Kms)
Longest trek day on this trek. It will take us close to 3 hours to complete the trek today and then a drive of about 8 hours. Hence, we must start early.
1. Meals - All the meals from Uttarey to Barhan.
2. Accommodation – Uttarey to Barhan: camping / tea house on double / triple sharing basis
3. Oxygen cylinder with oxy meter for a close daily check-up
4. A guide and an experienced and certified skilled mountaineer as the trek leader
5. Clean sleeping bags & Camping Mattresses
6. Toilets – clean and hygienic (traditional cat pit style) while camping
7. Camping & trekking permits and permissions from the local administrations/ authorities
1. Service tax 5% (as per the current in GST)
2. Transport – NJP/ Bagdogra to Uttarey on Day 1 and Barhan to NJP/ Bagdogra on Day 7
3. Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bags/ offloads
4. Any meals/services not mentioned above
5. Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
6. Travel/ trek Insurance
7. Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
8. Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
9. Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.