Ladakh,the land of high passes is the northern most region in Indian subcontinent and is surrounded by some ofthe most beautiful snow-capped mountains. One is spoiltfor choices when it comes to plan the sightseeing schedule. From beautiful high-altitude lakes like Pangong Tso or Tso Moriri, Monasteries like Hemis, Thiksey or Shey to Zanskar Valley or Markha Valley,there are endless places to explore and countless treks to attempt.
This itinerary will coverthe sightseeing around Leh and a trip to Nubra Valley as well as Pangong Tso.
Day 1 - Arrival and Acclimatization
Leh is at a height of 11,500 ft above the sea level. Coming in from Delhi, Chandigarh, Srinagar or any other part of the country/world, it requires the traveller to acclimatize.
The first day will be for rest so that the body can adjust to the elevation. You will be picked up at the airport and taken to your hotel.
Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 2 - Leh Local Sightseeing
We will start post breakfast. Your vehicles will be stationed to pick you up from your hotel. Today we will go to visit Alchi Monastery (known as the oldest monastery in Ladakh), Sangam (where Indus and Zanskar Rivers meet), Magnetic Hill, Gurudwara Pathar Sahib, Hall of Fame.
We will stop on the way for lunch.
In the evening we will visit Shanti Stupa for a mesmerizing view of sunset.
Post this we will drive back to the hotel for dinner.
Day 4 - Leh to Nubra
We will start early for Nubra Valley via Khardung La (18379 ft) which is one of the highest motorable roads in the world. We will continue to drive after clicking some pictures at Khardung La. We will stop for lunch on way. Post this we will stop for ATV rides and zip-line activity (optional). Then we will visit the Diskit monastery which will take us about 1 hour.
30 mins from here is the Hunder region which is famous of the clod desert and sand dunes.
We will check into the hotel/camp and then post tea, head towards the sand dunes. Here you can participate in some adventure activities – archery, Camel/Horse rides etc.
Dinner will be back at the hotel.
Day 4 - Day trip to Turtuk
Post an early breakfast, we will drive to Turtuk valley. This is the last Indian village on this side of the international border.
Turtuk valley is inhabited by the people from Balti tribe. We will visit the Balti museum (if it is open). We will interact with the locals and stop at an eatery run by the self-help group Balti women to taste some Balti dishes.
We will now proceed towards Thang village to the Indo-Pak border viewpoint.
Post this, we will drive back to Hunder to our hotel and see a cultural show (optional).
Dinner will be at the hotel.
Day 5 - Leh to Pangong Lake
Post an early breakfast, we will be covering a distance of 240 Kms today. It will take between 6-7 hours to get to Pangong Tso via Shyok Village.
Pangong Tso is a 134 Km long and approximately 5 Km broad. 1/3rd of the lake is within the Indian boundaries. It is the most visited spot in all of Ladakh region. We spend some time at the lake, take pictures at the 3 Idiots movie shooting site.
Lunch & dinner will be at the hotel/camp.
We will spend the night at the hotel/camp.
Day 6 - Pangong Lake to Leh
We will start early (post breakfast) for Leh. We will make it to Leh around afternoon. On the way back to Leh, we will stop by Hemis Monastery and 3 Idiots school where the shooting of the movie took place.
After reaching Leh, the evening is at ease. We can step out and explore the local market and the cafes offering multi cuisine eating options.
Day 7 - FLY BACK HOME
Location : Leh | Hotel / Camp : Everygreen Hotel or simillar
Location : Pangong Tso | Camp : Alpine Cottages or simillar
Location : Nubra | Camp : Karma Inn or simillar
1. Premium accommodation on twin sharing basis at all locations as per the itinerary
2. Transportation by Innova / Tempo Traveller on all days including Airport Transfers
3. Breakfast and Dinner on all days
4. Inner Line Permits for Indians for Nubra / Turtuk and Pangong Tso
5. Entry and parking charges for sightseeing points at all destinations
6. All toll and taxes
2. Lunch on all days
3. Per sonal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone, tips , gratuity
4. Mineral/ soft/hard dr inks and any meal s other than specified in the inclus ions
5. Additional s ight seeing or ext ra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary
6. Any changes to the itinerary, resulting in ext ra days or different hotel s due to unforeseen ci rcums tances (to be borne by the client, which i s di rectly payable on the spot) including any increase in taxes or fuel pr ice, leading to increase in cos t on sur face t ranspor tation and land arrangements , which may come into effect pr ior to depar ture GST, insurance.
8. Anything not mentioned in Inclus ions .