A "Bugyal" in local garhwali language means "meadow". Dayara Bugyal is one of the largest high-altitude meadows in Garhwal region of Uttarakhand. It also serves as a great Alpine and Nordic Skiing destination because of its large slopes.
We walk through a number of lush green meadows. We will also get to see some high range peaks of Uttarakhand including, Black Peak (Kalanag), Bandarpoonch, Srikanth, Jaonli, Gangotri Massif (I, II,III) and Draupadi ka danda on this trek. Dayara Bugyal is not as commercial so far but it is stunningly beautiful. Offering lush green pastures and a breathtaking green ecosystem in summers, it turns into a complete sheet of white in the winter months.
With a duration of 5-6 days, Dayara Bugyal Trek is a great choice for beginners. Kedarkantha Trek, Brahmatal Trek & Valley of Flowers Trek are other options for beginners.
Day 1:- Drive from Dehradun to Raithal
Drive from Dehradun to Uttarkashi takes approximately 6-7 hours covering a distance of about 150 Kms. From Uttarkashi, we will continue to drive to Raithal which is another 40 Kms ahead of Uttarkashi. It is an extremely scenic drive throughout till we reach Uttarkashi. Bhagirathi river continues all along till Raithal.
Raithal is a small village settlement with a very scenic view of lush green fields and mountains around along with some homestay options. With many peaks surrounding the village, the Srikanth peak stands out.
Day 2:-Trek from Raithal to Gui
We will start with the trek today from Raithal. The route is well paved and we will be making our way through the Jungle of oak and rhododendron trees. We will be ascending gradually through this trail and start seeing the Gui campsite. We will have a clear view of Gangorti range along with Srikanth peak from here as well.
Day 3:- Trek from Gui to Chelapeda
We will start at ease from Gui after breakfast. The trek to Chelapeda isn't a tiring trail. Through the forest we will get to a clearing where we will spot the Chelapeda campsite along with a stream flowing next to the campsite.
It is a very scenic campsite and in the evening, we will explore the nearby area as we will have a lot of time in hand.
Day 4:- Chelapeda - Dayara Bugyal – Gui
We will be ascending gradually through the jungle entering vast meadows. The mighty Bandarpoonch will be in sight as we continue to trek up to the Dayara Top. The last stretch leading up to the Dayara Bugyal is quite steep, but it is worth the effort.
Once on the top of the summit, experience Bandarpoonch peak real close with Dodital range also in the view. We will then descend to Gui campsite.
Day 5:- Trek from Gui to Raithal
It will be an easy descend from Gui to Raithal homestay location. It will be a scenic descend as well.
Day 6:- Drive from Raithal to Dehradun
We will start early from Raithal. It is a long drive and we will plan to reach Dehradun by early evening.
1) Meals - All the meals from Raithal to Raithal.
2) Accommodation -
- Camping/forest guest houses while on trek on twin sharing basis.
- While camping, wanderers will provide: dry cleaned sleeping bags and mattresses with fresh individual fleece liner for hygiene.
- Toilets – clean and hygienic (traditional cat pit style).
3) Trek Leader - An experienced mountaineer who is also a certified wilderness first aid responder.
4) Guide - There will be a well experienced local guide who is well versed with the local topography.
5) Camping & trekking permits and permissions from the local administrations/ authorities.
6) Other Equipment (if required) can be rented from Wanderers.
1) Transport - To the base (Raithal) and back.
2) Any meals/services not mentioned above
3) Any costs in accommodation & food arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
5) Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
6) Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
7) Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.