Experience Chadar Trek (Short Trip)
"Every travel with WANDERERS is an experience of a life time."
CHADAR TREK a thrilling and adventurous trek in India. "CHADAR" is a hindi word that refers to a "blanket" or "sheet" as the Zanskar river transforms itself from a rapid river into a white blanket of ice during winter, a frozen spectacle awaits the trekker to be experienced of glass ice ranging from a bluish tinge to golden yellow that is seen during the few hours that sunlight reaches directly into the gorge to the milky whitish on a moonlit night - as said a trek journey like no other! You walk on a frozen river called the "Zanskar". The frozen Zanskar river served and still serves as the traditional and only way of connecting between Leh and Zanskar for the locals in the harsh winter months of Ladakh. It's being used by the locals for centuries. Its rated as one of the best treks existing in the planet by many.
We at WANDERERS have been taking our fellow trekkers on this trek for many years to witness mother nature's wonder. Our "Guides" and "Trek Leaders" are experienced and certified trekking guides who will lead your way on this adventure.
Region: Leh, Ladakh, J & K, INDIA
Grade: Moderate (Snow Trek)
Max Altitude: 11,123 Ft.
Guide Ratio: 10 Trekkers per Guide
Support Staff: Approximate 10 Support staff for a group of 10 – 12 trekkers
1. Safety – As much you may hate to accept, it's true, all adventure sports holidays have potential risk to your life & well-being; This is also the biggest deterrent, as the family is never confident or are unwilling to take the risk; Therefore at WANDERERS we understand the safety standards and have accurate and defined procedures and plans; These include evacuation plans along with a certified first aid administrator and basic first aid Kit.
2. Local knowledge – Most of the adventure sports activities happen in remote places; a local guide or a team lead from the region is a must in those expeditions; when you are dealing with local people he/she can be a great asset when, if you need help in a distress situation or just help you understand the culture better, so that you don't end up offending people. for example, places like Leh, where altitude is a major challenge, only a local person can accurately predict any inconvenience or uneasiness people feel, thus identifying the issue and finding solutions are much easy than depending on bookish knowledge. When you travel with us 90% of the support staff that will accompany you on the trek with be local to ensure a smooth trek.
3. Right accommodation and Equipment – These two are non-negotiable item on our list. Everyone promises neat & hygienic accommodation, but when you are on a physically demanding trip comfort is equally important; A good sleep in the night can make a lot of difference in the quality of your activity the next day; we will ensure the best facilities possible in remote locations. We have certified tents \ sleeping bags \ accessories that will be carried on the trip for your comfort. Along with this, we will be carrying portable oxygen along with us for emergency use. For washrooms, there will be portable tents setup at camping ground to use.
4. Food VS Nutrition – when you are involved in a demanding physical activity it's not only important to eat, but even more important to eat right; we will provide you with good & nutritious food vegetarian food on this trip while camping. We will ensure that we take care of your calorie intake required to keep you well-nourished both during and after the activity.
Day 1:- Fly to Leh (Altitude 11,400 ft.)
Stay in guest house. Get used to the temperature and the altitude.
Day 2:- Acclimatization day.
Walk around the Leh Market and do some sightseeing.
Day 3:- Visit the SNM Hospital for checkup
By the end of the Chadar season 2018, a new policy for the safety of trekkers was introduced by the J&K Got. As per this policy each trekker has to visit the Sonam Norbhu Memorial Hospital and get a routine check-up done. On completion of this we sort the wildlife permits and permissions and head back to our accommodation and get ready for the next day to start.
Day 4:- Drive to Shingra Yokma via Chilling (Altitude 11,400 to 10,390 ft.)
Drive 72 kms of picturesque landscape along the river Indus. Once the entire team reaches the predesignated spot, crew will pitch tents and prepare food for a comfortable stay in tent.
Day 5:- Shingra Yokma to Gyalpo (Altitude 10,390 to 10,550 ft.)
Trek 9.5 kms. Post the briefing with the Trek Leaders start the trek. Depending on the weather, the path will be decided on the way. After passing Shingra Koma, you reach the camp-site for the day at Gyalpo, where the tents have already been pitched by the porters. The Gyalpo campsite is at a bend in the river, surrounded by high peaks and walls of rock-faces which almost look man-made. All that is left to do is to soak in the views, have an early dinner and call it a day.
Day 6:- Gyalpo to Tibb Cave (Altitude 10,550 to 10,760 ft.)
Post the briefing with the Trek Leaders start the trek for the next 13.5 kms. Today's walk through the deep ravines of the Zanskar is stunning. The sublime walls of the mountains on either sides of the river keep the sunlight away from the Chadar for most part of the day. At Tibb, there is a big cave. This cave is the dwelling of all the porters, and they welcome you warm-heartedly in here. Stay in tent.
Day 7:- Tibb Cave to Gyalpo. (Altitude 10,760 to 10,550 ft.)
Trek 17 kms . Starting from Tibb, go up to Gyalpo today. The high walls of mountains rising from the sides of the river almost look like castle walls. You can see several trails of pug-marks all along the trek – footprints belonging to foxes, ibex or snow-leopards. You would be lucky to view a snow-leopard; but you can almost be sure that you are being watched by one all the time. Stay in tent.
Day 8:- Gyalpo to Shingra Yokma and drive to Leh. (Altitude 10,550 to 10,390 and drive to 11400 ft.)
Trek for 5 kms and reach the same place from where we started the trek. Drive 65 kms to get to Leh and stay in guest house.
Day 9:- Return from Leh post break-fast.
|Dates||25th Jan 2019|
|Total No. of Days||9 ( 3 days acclimatization
+ 5 days of trek + 1 day in Leh)
|Hotel||Homestay \ B&B
* 4 days
* Double Sharing
* Will have hot water on request.
* Heater available in the room on request
|Food||* Breakfast and Dinner in Leh
* All meals on the trek
* Double Sharing Basis
* Tent Accommodation
* Double layered sleeping bag
* Hot water for drinking
* 3 meals and 1 snacks every day
* Packed energy food for the trek, everyday
|Trek Lead Ratio||1 TL : 14 Trekkers|
|Guide Ratio||1 G : 14 Trekkers|
|Porter to carry Rucksack||No|
|Price (inc. GST 5%)||INR 22575|
1. Accommodation – 4 days in Leh and 6 days on Chadar
2. Breakfast and dinner in Leh and all meals while on trek (Veg.)
3. Trek equipment including Tents, sleeping bags, fleece liners, trek mats etc. Your personal trekking equipment must be bought by yourself, ie Shoes, Clothes, Backpack etc, we will share the list with registered participants.
4. Necessary Permits \ permissions with environmental fees.
5. First aid medical kits and oxygen cylinder.
6. Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff to help trekkers.
7. Transport from Leh to Road head and return.
1. Lunch while staying in Leh.
2. Any kind of personal expenses.
4. ALTOA Fees – approx. 2000 INR
5. Porter to carry personal luggage. We expect you to carry your own backpack, in case you don't want to, we will arrange for a porter and the charges can be paid on the site.
6. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head price includes.
7. Any cost arising due to medical emergency, to be borne by the trekker/ trekkers (if any)
8. Due to weather conditions/ Chadar deforming conditions Wanderers will not be liable to any sorts of refunds. Depending on the situation and availability, we would offer an alternate trek/ trip
Payment to be made by Bank Transfer/Cheque/DD in favour of M/S Wanderers payable at New Delhi/Gurgaon or online through our payment gateway.
New Friends Colony
Account Number: 006961900002710
Account Type: Current Account
Name: M/S Wanderers
IFS Code: YESB0000069
Payment for this trip will not be adjusted against any future trips.
45 Days: Full refund (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.
30-45 Days: 75% of trip cost will be refunded (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.
15-30 Days: 50% of trip cost will be refunded (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.
15 Days: No refund